|The presentation will detail the work plan, which is attached in a graphic format. Information for discussion will include the process used to create growth projections and scenarios, the communication and consultation used to develop the scenarios, and the important milestones. During the presentation, if the Committee requires more information or is interested in additional information that is not addressed, these issues should be raised through discussion.
The following is a proposed outline of the consultation that will take place specifically with Council, and the key information that will be presented at each meeting. If the Committee would like to see additional information presented at any of the milestones, this should be raised during the discussion at the meeting so that adjustments can be made. At this time, the tentative plan is as follows:
- April 20, 2015 – Committee of the Whole meeting with Consultant Team and City Administration
- Review Growth Principles and Frequently Asked Questions in advance of formal public launch
- May through July 2015 – City Council updates provided by City Administration
- August 2015 – City Council meeting with Consultant Team and City Administration
- Presentation of draft Growth Study, expansion options and high level financial impacts
- Council to provide direction on which expansion option to pursue
- September through November 2015 – City Council updates provided by City Administration
- December 2015 – City Council meeting with Consultant Team and City Administration
- Presentation of draft Financial Analysis, revised draft Growth Study and Public & Stakeholder Engagement Strategy
- January through April 2016 – City Council updates provided by City Administration
- May 2016 – City Council meeting with Consultant Team and City Administration
- Presentation of outcome of Public & Stakeholder Engagement, final Growth Study and revised draft Financial Analysis
- Council makes a decision on proceeding with the preferred option
In addition to the work plan, Committee of the Whole will have an opportunity to learn about the study area selected for examination through the Growth Study. The study area is attached to the agenda as a map, and encompasses a broad area around Spruce Grove and Stony Plain. It should be noted that the lands identified in the map for study are only subject to study at this time. As the background data is compiled and growth scenarios are contemplated, the area on the map will start to focus and narrow.
The principles guiding the Growth Study are also attached for discussion, and will be outlined during the presentation. These principles set the tone for discussions between Administration and ISL, as well as for any external consultation or information sharing that takes place. The principles listed outline the values held by the City, as demonstrated through the Strategic Plan and the Municipal Development Plan, specific to this project. If the Committee would like to see any additional principles, these should be brought forward for discussion during the meeting.
Lastly, an overview of the information that will be brought forward for the public will be reviewed. This is in the format of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs), which will be posted on the City's website on a dedicated webpage. This information is brought to the Committee's attention in order to ensure that all parties involved in the project are aware of the message around the need for this project, what the roles of our neighbours are in the project, and what the process and outcomes will be by the end of the project timeline in mid-2016. A list of the FAQs is provided in an attachment. If the Committee feels that additional information should be provided through the FAQs, it should be brought up during the discussion.